HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOL
The health, safety and welfare of our customers is of paramount importance to us. We have prepared the following H&S Covid-19 Protocol to the best of the information that is available at this time.
1. STUDIO CLEANING POLICY
Before and after every studio session the studio is deep cleaned by using disinfectant / isopropyl alcohol and/or steam cleaning. All surfaces that could be touched and all props used are sanitised. All blankets and outfits used are washed between portrait sessions. The studio will be aired thoroughly to minimise any droplets in the air.
2. TIME BETWEEN SESSIONS
At least 1 hour will be left between sessions to enable a deep clean of all surfaces and accessories to take place and to ensure there is no contact between customers arriving and leaving the premises.
3. SICK POLICY
Customers will be required to disclose if anyone coming to the session has had a fever or any other symptoms such as coughs, sickness or vomiting or has been in contact with anyone displaying Covid-19 symptoms, suspected of having Covid-19 or has had a Covid-19 positive test result at least 24 hours before their session. Appointments will be re-arranged, at no cost.
4. SELF MONITORING
All photographers / staff and customers will be required to monitor their temperatures and health before coming into the studio. Disposable gloves and masks will be available in the studio and these should be used as deemed necessary and appropriate.
5. HAND WASHING
All photographers and staff will be required to thoroughly wash their hands for a minimum of 20 seconds before all sessions. Appropriate sanitising hand gels will be made available and customers requested to use these upon arrival at the studio.
6. SOCIAL DISTANCING
All photographers and staff agree that every effort will be made to keep the 2m social distancing advice at all times where possible both in the studio and on location. This includes shaking hands and moving / adjusting hair or clothes. Parents may be asked to help move their children and babies as requested by the photographer. During the portrait session instructions to the clients will be given from the distance stipulated by and in accordance with the social distancing rules.
Due to the restrictions imposed by social distancing, it may not be appropriate to offer usual studio sessions and poses, particularly with regard to newborn and maternity sessions. We operate an appointment only booking system to ensure no contact between customers and minimise risk to photographers and staff by ensuring that the measures on this protocol are conveyed to customers before their appointments.
COVID-19 RISK ASSESSMENT FOR PHOTOGRAPHY AT THE SECRET WAREHOUSE
ACTIVITY / PROCESS / OPERATION:
Taking photographs of people and product in the secret warehouse during COVID-19 pandemic, in light of the increased risk to persons visiting the
2. Person to object/material contact (e.g. touching door handles, computers, chairs, cups etc)
IDENTIFY THE HAZARDS (ANYTHING THAT CAN CAUSE HARM):
1. Person to person contact
WHO MIGHT BE HARMED AND HOW?
1. Member of public/client could be at an increased risk of contracting COVID-19, putting them at risk of serious illness.
ESTIMATE RISK LEVEL
(H/M/L) NOW – M
WHAT MEASURES ARE IN PLACE TO REDUCE THE RISK?
• Working safely during coronavirus (Covid-19) (Updated 14 June 2020)
• Working safely during coronavirus (Covid-19) – Shops and Branches (Updated 14 June 2020)
• Managing risks and risk assessment at work
– Wiping down chairs and surfaces used by clients
– Photographer to wash hand frequently following government guidelines
– No handshaking on entry to the studio
– Providing handwashing facilities for clients with adequate soap and warm
– Hand sanitiser provided for use by client
– Tissues available in the studio
– Avoiding touching their face
– Washing hands on leaving the studio/ as soon as practicably possible
1. Photographer has referred closely to government guidance including but not exhaustively:
2. Photographer to maintain high levels of hygiene in the studio. This includes daily cleaning of areas that are receiving high traffic usage/
– Wiping down of door handles
3. Photographer to maintain high levels of personal hygiene, including handwashing, at all times and to be alert of possible hygiene issues.
4. Ensure maximum number of persons in the studio at one time. One photographer/ one client or more than one client only if social distancing can
be maintained and/or the clients are from the same family group. Make use of office space in order to support distancing.
5. Photographer and client to maintain social distancing in line with government guidance. Photographer to achieve this by stepping back when the
client enters the studio and directing them to position. Photographer and client to be alert to social distancing guidance and take personal
responsibility for maintaining their own distance.
6. Client to maintain personal responsibility for their own hygiene practices inline with government ‘stay alert’ guidance:
– Washing hands/using hand sanitizer on entry to the building (handwashing facilities are available)
7. Photographer to ensure a clear pathway from the door to the shooting area to ensure that client can move freely without make unnecessary or
excessive contact with furniture/ objects in the room.
8. Contactless online paypal payments wherever possible.
ESTIMATE RISK LEVEL
(H/M/L) NOW – L
WHAT FURTHER ACTION
IS NEEDED TO REDUCE THE RISK? (STATE ACTIONS)
Please note that although the photographer has put in place safeguards to minimize the risk of a client contracting COVID-19, it is not possible to eradicate the risk completely. Therefore, the client takes responsibility for their own personal health and safety and must make a personal risk assessment in order to identify whether they deem the residual risk to be too high.
In this risk assessment, the client should take in to account their own individual vulnerabilities, including whether they are within one of the ‘at risk’
categories as identified in government guidance.
Name of Assessor:
Job Title: Photographer
Date of Assessment: 14th September, 2020
We frequently work on location across the northwest, often travelling between Liverpool, Manchester, Warrington and Cheshire. Visits to our studio at The Secret Warehouse are therefore strictly by appointment only.